November 01, 2012

Here we go again (maybe)

My very funny friend Jessica is taking part in this thing where folks are encouraged to write one blog post a day (I can't bear to type the official name; see badge at right). She is one of my favorite writers, so in solidarity I'm taking the plunge as well. 

This will be hard for me because I hate writing. I know this isn't an original stance. The main problem for me is that I'm an editor, not a writer. There's a huge difference between filling a blank page and working with something that's written. I made a living out of the latter until about four months ago. But this ... . This is torture. I write something, or even just think of something to write, and the editor in me immediately nixes it as boring, cliche, oversharing, overwrought or a waste of space. It's enough to make someone give up ever blogging again.

So if I quit this blog again, you'll know why.

Until then, I'll try to write a bit about what's on my mind, life as a stay-at-home mom and of course my favorite little dragon:


TV TONIGHT

Thursday is the day I look forward to all week because "Parks and Recreation" is on. It brings me so much joy. Please watch it! Except you couldn't tonight, because NBC showed a repeat of "The Voice" that didn't air earlier in the week in some places because of Sandy. Harrumph. At least there's a new episode of "The League," but it's hard to wait until 10:30 for your first big laughs of the night.

We did watch Wednesday night's "30 Rock," which we managed to record only because (ahem) we have a season pass to "Animal Practice." Mock if you will, but that monkey (Annie's Boobs!) is so cute and hilarious! After the first two episodes, we watched by fast-forwarding through all but the monkey scenes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

excited to see you writing again! don't feel like you're alone--writing is difficult for everyone. It's always easier to start with something other than a blank page (in music, programming, and art as well). Don't be too critical of yourself! I love reading your posts.

Angie said...

Aw, thanks, Rico! That means a lot to me.